Reports To: Executive Director
Supervises: Front Desk Admin/Volunteers
Time Commitment: 40 hours per week (Full-time)
Kinship House, an established small local non-profit agency serving foster and adoptive children and families, has an open Office Manager position. The position requires the performance of managing the daily operations of the agency. The position requires a high level of detail, strong internal and external customer service and a self-directed willing to pitch in work style. Candidates will be experienced with Microsoft Office, HR and Accounting systems, and will have database entry and information retrieval skills. The position must have strong relational skills, computer skills including email and word, understand and agree to confidential operations of mental health agency including federal HIPPA and 42CFR, skilled phone, written and verbal communication. Kinship House is a small growing agency the candidate should be flexible, innovative and enjoy working in a team environment, with hired, intern and volunteer staff. This position is under the direct supervision of the Executive Director. The position has a high level of responsibility; work has a direct effect on the overall functioning of the agency.
Human Resource Management
- Educate and advise employees on group health plans, voluntary benefits, and retirement plans.
- Develop and maintain company personnel policies, standard operating procedures and employee handbooks.
- Develop and facilitate all new-hire orientations.
- Conduct employment verifications and investigations.
- Perform exit and interview program process.
- Manage all aspects of leave administration, including employee notifications and vendor management, disability programs and health benefits.
- Manage and update job descriptions within all departments.
- Offer fair and equitable compensation by comparing current salaries with market pay.
- Create and manage confidential personnel records.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Create and maintain expense reports, budgets and filing systems.
- Research, propose and implement vendor services to decrease costs to the organization.
- Run bi-weekly payroll process.
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Enter financial data into the company accounting database to be verified and reconciled.
- Process bank reconciliations and financial reports to verify practice of proper due diligence.
- Reconcile all bank and credit card accounts.
- Prepare other reports.
- Process payroll, electronic deposits, and employee pay adjustments.
- Process journal entries, online transfers and payments.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
- Schedule Board of Directors meetings and assist with meeting materials, agendas and note taking.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Serve as the company representative at conferences to promote company objectives.
- Manage a wide variety of customer service and administrative tasks to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently.
- Duties and special projects as assigned by Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least three years related work experience. A minimum of five years preferred.
- Ability to focus on tasks and juggle related, multiple office challenges.
- Pleasant and effective communicator with strong external and internal customer service skills. Preferred experience in non-profit.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
Benefits: Excellent benefits include generous PTO, 7 paid holidays; partial-paid medical, vision, and dental insurance, retirement plan with employer match, and employer-paid life and disability insurance. The position is eligible for full-time benefits as a 40 hour FTE.
Send the following to Bekka Zander at email@example.com
- Cover Letter
Kinship House is located in two home-like facilities in inner NE Portland near Lloyd Center, NE Broadway, Interstates and Irvington Community. For more information on Kinship House please visit www.kinshiphouse.org.