Job Title: Kinship House Office Volunteer
Purpose: The Office Volunteer serves as assistant to the front desk administrators at Kinship House, supporting our mission to provide care for children in foster care and their families. The agency business hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Location: The Kinship House Office Volunteer serves at the main Kinship House location near Lloyd Center at 1823 NE 8th Avenue, Portland, OR 97212.
- The Kinship House Office Volunteer:
- Scans and files confidential documents
- Creates snack bags and stocks snacks and juice for the kiddos
- Assesses items donated and adds them to the clothing closet
- Helps keep kitchen, lobby, and therapy rooms clean
- May also help with mailings, answering phones, and other projects as needed
Time Commitment: One day each week for two or more hours, or more if available.
The Length of Appointment: The Kinship House Office Volunteer serves a minimum of 2 hours a day, one day per week for three months. After three months, the volunteer may be reappointed for another three months at the discretion of the agency. After a successful 6 months, the volunteer will be advanced to lead volunteer.
Qualifications: Must successfully complete a background check. Pleasant, patient, dependable.
Age Requirement: Minimum 17 years of age
Dress Code: Business casual
Contact: Erica Adams at Erica.a@KinshipHouse.org for more information.