Kinship House Outreach and Training
Kinship House clinicians reach out beyond the Portland Metro area to regions of Oregon that may be underserved and seek additional support. Kinship House can provide training for parents, community agencies, and other professionals working with children and families.
Training topics have included:
- Preparing Children for Adoption
- How to Make a Life-Story Book
- How to Talk to Kids about Adoption
- Supporting Diversity and Blended families
- Parenting Sexually Abused Children
- Aspects of a Successful Transition.
- Understanding Impacts of Trauma to a Young Child
- Addressing Behavioral or Relationship Disorders in School Aged Children
- Parenting Children with Special Needs including Pre-natal Exposure and Attachment Problems
Contact Kinship House if you are interested in scheduling or attending an upcoming training.
If you are interested in supporting Kinship House, donate today! Help a child heal from the trauma of their past and give them life-changing access to the Kinship House Programs by becoming a sustaining donor.