According to one report on the state of foster care in the US, Oregon has been rated 49th in the country. In the 2015 Oregon Data Book, there were over 11,000 kids in our foster care system with about a third of those kids living in the Tri-County area.
- Children in the court system can move from foster home to foster home an average of 4 to 6 times. Some children will move more than 15 times.
- Children spend an average of 28 months in the foster care system.
- 42% of foster children will drop out of high school.
- Foster children are 63 times more likely to be incarcerated.
- 1 in 5 foster children will be homeless.
- Multnomah County has one of the worst ratings for foster care placement stability – ranked 25 out of 36 counties in the state of Oregon.